Thursday, February 2, 2012

Avocado Salad

I recently watched the movie "Forks over Knives".  It has had quite an impact on the way I cook.  The movie strongly promotes a whole grain, whole foods, animal free diet.  So, I have been trying to incorporate this philosophy into my cooking.  One of the recipes featured in the follow-up movie, Engine 2 Diet, is this easy and delicious salad.  It contains only fresh ingredients and is surprisingly good!

For a single serving, you will need:

1 to 1 1/2 C mixed greens, rinsed (I used dinosaur kale and spring mix)
1/2 ripe avocado
Juice from 1/2 medium sized lemon
Salad toppings of your choice - I used kalamata olives, tomatoes, and cucumber
Salt to taste

On the salad plate, mash the avocado.  Add the lemon and salt to taste.  Mix in the greens.  Top with your veggies and enjoy.  It takes mere minutes to prepare, but it is so delicious and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment