Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Raw Cashew Dream Cake

Here is another great raw dessert that is both delicious and easy to make.  I found this on another food blog:  www.mynewroots.blogspot.com.  It has a lot of great recipes, but this is one of my favorites!  I have made it a couple of times now and have gotten rave reviews!

For the crust:

1/2 C raw almonds
1/2 C soft medjool dates
1/4 tsp. sea salt

Pulse above ingredients in a food processor until it start to clump.  Press mixture into a 7" springform pan, or into a pie dish lined with saran wrap.  Set aside.

For the filling:

1 1/2 C raw cashews, soaked for at least 1 hour (the longer the better)
Juice from 1 large lemon
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/3 C coconut oil, warmed to liquify
1/3 C agave nectar or honey
1 C raspberries (or blackberries, which is what I used)

Place cashews, vanilla, lemon, oil, and agave nectar in a blender and blend until smooth.  A vita mix works great for this!  Pour about 1/2 to 2/3 of the mixture onto the crust.  Add berries to blender and combine until smooth.  Pour the remaining mixture onto the first layer and smooth.  Cover and freeze for 3-4 hours.  Remove from freezer about 1 hour before serving to allow it to thaw.  Enjoy!
Since I am always trying to change things up, I combined the chocolate "cheesecake" and this recipe into one cake.  It was delicious!  I used the chocolate crust and decreased the chocolate recipe by about 1/2.  I poured the chocolate layer first, then the white layer, then the berry layer.

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy Jen! I will definitely try this very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy it! Its one of my new favorites :)

    ReplyDelete