Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sauteed Brussels Sprouts

Brussels spouts were on sale recently, so I felt obligated to get some.  I wanted to try something new.  So I searched the web until I found this recipe.  It was great!  The original recipe called for broth, but I substituted white cooking wine to add more flavor.

You will need:

1 pound fresh brussels sprounts
2 shallots, diced fine
2 cloves garlic, minced
olive oil
White dry cooking wine (you can substitute vegetable stock here)

Clean the brussels sprouts and cut in half vertically.  Coat a pan in olive oil, heat, and place the sprouts in a single layer, cut side down.  Sprinkle the shallots and garlic on top.  Allow to cook until the sprouts start to turn golden brown.  Flip the sprouts over, add the cooking wine to cover the bottom of the pan, and allow to steam until the liquid has cooked off.  Enjoy!

*recipe adapted from www.cooksister.com


No comments:

Post a Comment