Monday, June 25, 2012

Curried Cauliflower Pancakes

Potato pancakes are a favorite of mine.  So, when I found some recipes for pancakes made from vegetables, my interested was piqued.  I came across one using cauliflower, which I love to cook with.  I decided to spice it up a bit and give it an Indian twist.  They were a hit!

You will need:

1 head cauliflower, diced and steamed until soft (about 6 minutes in the microwave)
1/2 C plain bread crumbs
1/4 C Daiya cheese (I used mozzarella style, but cheddar would be good too)
2 tbsp flax meal mixed with 6 tbsp warm water (allow to set for at least 3 minutes)
1 tbsp minced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp mild curry powder (add a 1/2 tsp more if you love curry!)
1 tsp olive oil or cooking spray

In a food processor or blender, finely chop the cauliflower.  It should not be smooth, but rather coarse with very small chunks left.  Add to a large mixing bowl.  Combine the remaining ingredients except for the oil.  Mix until well combined.  Warm a pan or griddle to medium-high.  Add oil or cooking spray.  Form cauliflower mixture into patties, using about 1/3 - 1/2 C mix for each patty.  Place on heated pan and cook for about 6-7 minutes per side or until golden brown.  I served them with my curry aioli (see post from October 2011), but you could serve plain or with a side of sour cream or greek yogurt.


No comments:

Post a Comment