Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cinnamon Pancakes with Peach Topping

This past weekend I went to a peach festival in Queen Creek.  We came home with enough peaches to feed an army!  So, I have been trying to come up with some creative ways to incorporate this delicious fruit into our meals.  This recipe took only 10 minutes to prepare and the kids loved it!

For the pancakes:

I used boxed pancake mix and mixed it according to directions.  To it, I added 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp ground cinnamon.  Cook according to directions.

For the topping:

4-5 fresh peaches, pealed and cut into 1"pieces
1/2 cup sugar (you can substitue 1/3 cup agave nectar)
1/2 cup water

Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan.  Place on the stove and bring to a boil.  Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.  I spooned the peaches on top of the pancakes and drizzled some of the remaining syrup over them.  Finally, I topped with some whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment