Sunday, April 21, 2013

Kettle Corn

I've been a big fan of popcorn for as long as I can remember.  And, in more recent years, added kettle corn to my list of favorites.  I always assumed it was hard to make, but recently decided to find out.  I was wrong.  It is very easy and quick...and delicious!

You will need:

1/4 C coconut oil (you can use vegetable oil here)
1/2 C popcorn kernels
1/4 C sugar (I used organic evaporated cane juice sugar - so much tastier!)
Salt to taste

In a large pot with a lid, warm oil over medium-high heat.  Add popcorn.  When it starts to sizzle, sprinkle sugar over the top, shake, and place cover on pot.  It is important to keep the pot moving to avoid burning the sugar.  Continue shaking the pot until the popping has slowed and almost stopped.  Pour popcorn into a large bowl and sprinkle with salt.  Allow to cool for about 5-10 minutes.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment